free financial help
Your FREE resource for
finding financial answers

investment, retirement, tax, & more

ask financial questions search financial questions read financial articles find financial advisers
Financial advisers, we need your help. Click here to find out more.

Financial Question and Answer

Financial Category: Retirement Planning      Location: CA
Posted: 03/29/2009      Approved: 04/12/2009
Number of Replies: 1     Email Copy To: email financial advice


I have received about $9,000 in federal/state income tax refunds. I want to contribut the money to my solo 401(k) as I do not need the money at the moment (I already have an emergency fund, I have a somewhat stable government job, I do not have any debts, I have pre-paid my disability insurance policy, and I am 32 years old). My 401(k) essentially holds index funds -- now only worth $10,000. My question is, big picture, what type of investment should I be considering for these funds? I am thinking I would double down on index funds and see what happens, but I am not sure if this is the best way to go. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Answers (click on a reply to view the answer)

Posted Subject Submitted By

2009-04-13Look at the history of your index funds, preferablRoderick Hausmann

About: free financial advice | bookstore | partners | financial resources | sitemap/google sitemap | contact us
For financial advisers: advisor join | advisor login
For advertisers: advertise
Legal: disclaimer | terms of use
Mechanics of Money, LLC - © - All Rights Reserved