Have you noticed that there aren’t really any investment blogs on the web? Here are six reasons why there are no investment blogs:
- Most investment gurus believe that the markets are efficient and they fear that by providing information on an investment blog the guru would trigger mass hysteria.
- Most investment gurus believe that the markets are inefficient and that their investment ideas written on an investment blog would not be factored into market prices.
- The average career for an investment guru is so tumultuous and uncertain that they do not stay in once place long enough to write a blog.
- Investment gurus are good with numbers and, well, not so good with words.
- The investment blogger might slip up and let readers know that past performance is an indicator of future success and that the investment guru does (not) invest in the investments he or she recommends.
- As measured by standard deviation, Beta, or some other archane risk measure, the risk is too high given the potential rate of return.